Windows 11: Microsoft introduces the new era for PC.
But what are the changes? And, when will it happen?
Let’s go through some of the most pressing questions about this big change from the Seattle software giant.
What is the timeline?
The new OS (operating system) is rolling out to eligible devices from the 5th of October.
Microsoft will roll out the update in phases and not everyone will get the recommendation to upgrade as per their blog post in August.
They expect “all eligible devices to be offered the free upgrade to Windows 11 by mid-2022.”
- New interface: it looks more like a Mac-like interface: clean design, rounded corners and Start menu at the center
- Android apps: Android will be available in Windows 11 via the Amazon Appstore. You can access this store through the MS Store.
- Widgets: you can access widgets directly from the Taskbar and personalize however you like
- Microsoft Teams integration: Teams is pinned on Windows 11 Taskbar
- Xbox: your gaming experience will improve on your Windows PC with features likes Auto HDR and DirectStorage like in the Xbox consoles.
- Virtual desktop support: you can set up virtual desktops similar to MacOS and juggle varioous desktops (personal, work, school or gaming).
- Better multitasking and easy transtion from monitor to laptop
How much will it cost?
The upgrade will be free if you’re using Windows 10.
If you want to:
- Audit the IT of your Business in China
- Upgrade or move your business tools to these cloud solutions in China
- Setup a business continuity plan
- Upgrade your IT infrastructure
- Setup backup plans
- Improve connectivity within your China offices or with your global offices
- Reach out to us.
As a Shanghai Tech provider we are offering:
- China infrastructure IT support
- China helpdesk IT support
- Tech Solutions in China
- and, China IT Services.